Tuesday, May 13, 2008

To put you in the picture

Well it is better than calling another post 'Update.' 


Whilst I was having my tonsils out I formed a really strong friendship with M through the internet. M is in LA and we would chat for hours on end each day using video through Skype. We developed a bit of an attachment and he talked about coming out here. Before I had my tonsils out, I received a 'kiss' from C through RSVP. I read his profile and thought he sounded interesting. So I replied. We emailed a bit before and after my surgery then arranged to meet for coffee. 

M got a bit jealous, but kept telling me I needed to be happy. Anyway, coffee with C went well. We discovered we have a bit in common- computer geek stuff, common sense of humour, common outlook on life. Then C invited me to dinner with his friends/colleagues. I went and had a lot of fun.  

Soon after this, I don't know if fortunately is the right term, but M found someone and they appear to be an absolutely perfect match. And I am happy for them. But it is strange going from lots of contact to almost nothing. 

On ANZAC Day, C and I had lunch and were walking along holding hands when who should we run into but the kids playing! Their father was watching apparently. So C met the kids! He then came around for a cuppa and both kids think he is wonderful. They must take after their mother! We had an outing as the four of us which was lots of fun and C has been around to dinner and survived. 

I think I am still in the pinch me stage. Actually finding someone who makes me laugh and smile and think and wants to talk about things and asks me how I am feeling and gets me to describe my feelings (don't laugh those of you who know his profession!) and shares websites and blog and comics and thinks it is so cool that I have my own domain is amazing! I met some guys last year who were happy enough to sleep with me, but were not after getting to know me really. I suppose G was a bit different. G rang me Sunday evening and said 'I had a dream about you the other night- you're in love, aren't you?' After picking my jaw up from the floor as I had not heard from him in months, I said that the L word is a little scary, but I suspect I am getting there, yes! I told him that I do value our friendship and am there to chat if he wants. He is back to having troubles at work and sometimes needs to vent. I can listen. G admitted to me on Sunday that he is not in the right place to be having a relationship. I don't know if I am either really, but I am not going to say that because it has only been 12 months I am going to wait another couple of years.

Anyway, back to C! His parents are overseas. He rang them on the weekend to tell them about me and his mother seems really happy. He told her that I have two children and she said that at last she had grandchildren! I thought that was funny! So we are trying to take things slowly. I don't know where this is leading, but I like it at the moment. 

So yes, I have a boyfriend! LOL!


No comments: