Saturday, February 02, 2008

To sleep: perchance to dream

I can remember dreams from over 20 years ago. Now we are talking nocturnal dreams, not hopes and desires here. One The side of the next door neighbour's house had been removed and we could see in but they did not know this. And I am wondering if the side of our house is there but I couldn't get outside to have a look.

Another dream I recall was when I was about 13 or 14 and I remember running naked down the street and trying to hide behind cars. I don't think anyone could see me though yet I was so scared of being caught. I was trying to work out how to get some clothes and I was trying to tell myself to turn around and run home, yet I wasn't listening to myself.

Recently I have been having some very weird dreams again. I have never been one to have nightmares as such, but these are dreams that possibly represent my self view- not being good enough and seeing everyone as more worthy than me.

The other night... 3 dreams!

1) I was on the train home from work heading to my mum's suburb in Melbourne. Got off the train with 2 work colleagues, not ones I have a lot to do with and we went into a gourmet pizza bar next to the station. They went around and started making pizzas and serving customers and I was trying to but they wouldn't let me.

2) I had an 8 month old baby, but he lived with SFB and I was only allowed to see him very rarely. I was fighting with SFB telling him that I needed to see the baby more as he needed breastmilk, reminding SFB that he couldn't afford formula. SFB told me that it was ok because he was feeding the baby tuna.

3) I actually cannot recall it now but could on Thursday and it was equally wacky!

Now these aren't erotic dreams or anything, but I think they show where I am at mentally. The one with SFB I think was a reversal- him telling me he wants to see the kids more and perhaps me seeing that I am not doing that well in the motherhood stakes. Perhaps they are just dreams and I should not analyse them at all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to LOL at the tuna one! The blog about feeling unloved for a long time - I had a big sigh at that one. Totally know how that feels - L